Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Beans is one of the main sides that is served during thanksgiving. But I am making my beans special with mushrooms. This is a variation to my previous preparation of French beans with Artichoke. Mushroom and beans combination turned out to be great and very different in taste. Whenever I have prepared this it was instant hit. Espcially for the fact that the green beans have their color intact. This what I am taking for thanksgiving potluck at our friend's place today. So enjoy the holiday, count your blessings and show your gratitude to your loved ones. :o)
- French beans – 1 Lb. (About 2 ½ cups)
- Mushrooms – 3 Lb. (About 4 cups when chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (About 1 cup. Finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tbsp. (Finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
- Olive Oil – 2 tsp.
- Salt – to taste
For Sauce -
- Chinese Chili Garlic Sauce – 1 tbsp. (or more if you like it hot :o))
- Lime juice - 1 tbsp.
- Besan/ Chick Peas flour – 2 tbsp.
- Tomato Paste (1 tbsp.)/ Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp.
Method of Preparation:
Prepare Beans -
~ Heat a pot of water with salt to bring it to boil (around 4 cups).
~ Wash and trim the ends of beans. Cut them two inch long.
~ Put them in the boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes on high. (Until the raw smell of the beans goes away and little froth starts around the beans and settle in 2 minutes.) Do not overcook and make the beans soggy.
~ Drain the water and immediately rinse the beans with a cup of cold water. Keep it aside.
~ Discard the hard stem part and chop mushrooms in chunks.